Multi Detector Computed Tomographical Assessment of Anatomical Variants of Paranasal Sinuses
Multi detector computed tomography (MDCT) scan of paranasal sinuses has become mandatory for all patients undergoing functional endoscopic sinus surgery. It depicts the anatomical variations in much simpler way and acts as a roadmap for endoscopic sinus surgery. In this study the maximum of participants were in the age group of 41- 50 years (32 %). The mean age of the study participants was observed to be 43.8 ± 15.6 years. HRCT PNS results shows nasal septum was found to be the most common anatomical variant (DNS- 94%). Concha Bullosa in right side were seen in 37.5% and left side were 21.9% (total unilateral cases- 59.4%) and bilateral Concha Bullosa were seen in 40.6% of the cases. Agger nasi were found to be present in 58% of the CRS cases among which right AN was 41%, left side was 30.8%, and bilateral AN were seen in 28.2% of the cases and Paradoxical Middle Turbinate were seen in 42% of cases in our study. Medialised uncinate was seen in 22% of the cases.