- You may register or create a user account, user name, or password that allows you to access or receive certain content and/or to participate or utilize certain features of our online service, including features in which you interact with us or other users. You represent and warrant that the information provided in your registration is accurate to the best of your knowledge. You are responsible for the use of any password you create as part of your registration and for maintaining its confidentiality, and you agree that ScienceGate may use this password to identify you.
- You may not copy, hack or modify the ScienceGate website or its online services, or falsely claim that some other site is associated with the ScienceGate.
- The ScienceGate website may contain advertising. The ScienceGate does not endorse any responsibility of any kind for the content of the advertisement or sponsorship or the advertised product or service, which is the responsibility of the advertiser or sponsor.
We respect your concerns regarding privacy on the Internet and value the relationship we have with you. This policy outlines our efforts to protect your privacy, what kind of your data we collect and what we will do with the collected data. When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
- You can use our services in a variety of ways to manage your privacy. For example, you can sign up for a Sciencegate Account if you want to customize your academic search engines and have a personal library. Also, you can enjoy the ScienceGate search engine without any account.
- All data we collect from you on our websites is protected against unauthorized access by third parties. We do our utmost to protect your privacy through the appropriate use of security technologies and physical safeguards.
- While you use our websites, your visits to individual pages will be tracked and recorded in our web server files. These files may be used by ScienceGate for statistical purposes, to recognize patterns of usage of the websites, and to improve the structure and content presentation. The usage information we collect includes referring URLs, browser and device characteristics, IP address, operating system, as well as dates and times of website visits.
- When visiting our website, your browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These advertisements are produced by other websites you have previously visited or by third party software installed on your computer. ScienceDirect does not authorize, endorse, or recommend products or services contained in such pop-ups advertisements.
- The ScienceGate website may use Google Analytics to help us collect information about how visitors use our sites. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the sites. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to a site, where visitors have navigated to a site from, and the pages they visit whilst on a site.
- As a registered user, you can access your account at any time and make corrections or updates. In accordance with existing data privacy law, you may request the information that ScienceGate holds or processes about you.
This page was last updated on 01 March 2021