Phenotypic reflection of white sponge nevus in histomorphological features of oral squamous cell carcinoma

Oral Oncology ◽  
2022 ◽  
Vol 125 ◽  
pp. 105707
Gargi Sarode ◽  
Sachin C. Sarode ◽  
Nilesh Kumar Sharma
2013 ◽  
Vol 1 (2) ◽  
pp. 02-06
SM Anwar Sadat ◽  
Sufia Nasrin Rita ◽  
Shoma Banik ◽  
Md Nazmul Hasan Khandker ◽  
Md Mahfuz Hossain ◽  

A cross sectional study of 29 cases of oral squamous cell carcinoma with or without  cervical lymph node metastasis was done among Bangladeshi patients from January 2006 to December 2007. Majority of the study subjects (34.5%) belonged to the age group of 40-49 years. 58.6% of the study subjects were male, while remaining 41.4% of them were female. 51.7% of the lesions were located in the alveolar ridge where the other common sites were buccal mucosa (27.6%) and retro molar area (13.8%). Half of the study subjects (51.7%) were habituated to betel quid chewing followed by 37.9% and 10.3% were habituated to smoking and betel quid-smoking respectively. Grade I lesions was most prevalent (75.9%) in the study subjects.  Majority of cases presented with Stage IV lesions (55.2%). The sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, negative predictive value & accuracy of clinical palpation method for determining metastatic cervical lymph nodes were 93.33%, 64.29%, 73.68%, 90% and 79.3% respectively. Careful and repeated clinical palpation plays important role in evaluation of cervical lymph nodes though several modern techniques may help additionally in the management of oral cancer.DOI: Update Dent. Coll. j. 2011: 1(2): 02-06

2011 ◽  
Vol 3 (6) ◽  
pp. 419-422
Dr. Shool Rohit S Dr. Shool Rohit S ◽  
Dr. Anand P Zingade ◽  
Dr. Manish Kumar

Odonto ◽  
2011 ◽  
Vol 19 (38) ◽  
pp. 115-121
S.O. Silva ◽  
K.P. Gatto ◽  
J.P. De Carli ◽  
P.H.C. Souza ◽  
C.S. Busin

Asmaa Ali Hussein

Squamous cell carcinoma characterized by poor prognosis due to aggressive tumor growth and dissemination high rate of tumor cell . age ranged of patient case included in the study 40-62 years and mean age 55±99. The sex distribution male/female ratio 1:1. Male case 15 and female 15 of the present study The results of clinical forums showed in the current study was endophytic 10(33.3%) in the same time Exophytic were presented in 20 cases (76.7%). Regarding distribution of the tumors site, the preponderance of them 19 cases 73.3% were located alveolar mucosa, followed by in the tongue 11 cases(36.7%) Tumor stage was analyzed and recorded in Oral squamous cell carcinoma included cases, the preponderance of them were Stage II 11 cases 36.7% followed by stage III 10 cases 33.3% , 9 cases 30.0% were stage I. While Concerning tumor grade, majority of them 15 cases 50% had grade II moderately differentiated SCC, while 11 cases 36.7% had grade III poorly differentiated SCC and 4 cases 13.3% had grade I well differentiated SCC Positive TGF-β3 immunostaining was detected as cell with staining brown color, all tissues sections included show Positive expression based on IHC teqnique. Positive Transforming Growth Factor TGF-β3 Immuno staining was found in all case results and display that 4 samples with percentage 13.3% expressed strong positive 87.67 ± 1.45 expression , 11cases 36.7% showed 51.33 ±0.88 positive expression moderate at the same time 15 samples 50.0% showed positive weak expression.

Sign in / Sign up

Export Citation Format

Share Document